Saddle up your camels, ladies, we're off to battle! A free-wheeling commentary of a lady who believes that women belong in combat, certainly not in the military, but in the home -- in the spiritual battle for their families. Join us on the frontlines as we cover homeschooling, the culture wars, raising sons, virtuous manhood and womanhood, helping our husbands, femininity, serving Christ the King, and all other fronts in the holy war we face. Up camels!

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Catching up on receipts

It's been like December since I've had time to enter receipts into Quicken. Late in December, we discovered some heart issues with our unborn child, then I was hospitalized for preterm labor, then I was on complete bedrest (Don't ever try to do your taxes lying on your side... ouch!), then my brother was visiting from China, then Katie was born, then she spent most of a month in the Pediatric ICU...

Anyway, my cute little pink elephant handbag was starting to look like a big fat elephant so I sat down this weekend to enter receipts. Now, I haven't just been flying blind financially. Quicken will download transactions from our bank and credit card, but when the transaction is from Wal-Mart, it could literally be anything.

Those are the receipts I hate. It's never just "groceries" or "medical:medicine:OTC", it's bike tubes and socks and diapers and milk and calcium tablets and a mum for crying out loud! My gripe today is whoever the genius is that types in the description that is printed on the receipt. When you enter your receipt three months later, "PX F C 64LD" means nothing, nothing! I do know that whatever it is costs $5 and we've bought two of them in the past couple of months, but I am up a tree to know what it was. Last week, after much perusal, we finally figured out that "LBN AL KEYWD" was a Little Ben key-wound alarm clock. Now why couldn't they have said "LITBEN CLOCK" for the same number of letters???

If you know the clown that inputs those descriptors, would you please inform him his job is to describe the item in 12 spaces or less, not to invent a new code, huh?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I got to your blog because I too was going through receipts and typed in "PX F C 64LD" to find out what it was on my receipt. Of course no luck on what it was, then only hit I got was your blog. I wanted to let you know after seaching through my supply pantry, I figured out it is: Purex Free & Clear 64 Load, Laundry Detergent. Why couldn't put Purex on the receipt? Who inputs these descriptions? Anyway, I know it isn't one for the Flex Pay items but at least now we know what it is! "Receipt Confused in Ohio"

Anonymous said...

"px f c 64ld" indeed-- it was on my receipt too. finally figured out it is Purex laundry detergent... mystery solved.

Anonymous said...

PX F C 64LD means PUREX laudry soap 64 loads. It took me a while to figure it out, and after googling it, and getting your blog, it hit me. Just thought you might like to know. I think the coders are crazy too!

Anonymous said...

yo,

i gots the same thing on my receipt. i ain't gots no clue wtf it is either!

Anonymous said...

what up yo?

i figure out what the px fc 64ld be. it be a bottle of Purex Free & Clear laundry detergent capable of doing 64 loads!!!

yeah mofo!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this post. I was bewildered what "PX F C 64LD" meant on my receipt so I googled it and your blog helped solved the mystery!

Lisa said...

I saw PX F C 64LD on my receipt & had to call to make sure they were not ripping me off. This Wal Mart already has a homeless couple begging for $ at the gas pumps. It's Purex laundry (guess LD always = laundry detergent)?! Geez, they have to make it so complicated!

Jennifer said...

This is hilarious! I also just found your blog after googling "PX F C 64LD" while trying to catch up on about 3 months' worth of Quicken. Thanks to your commentors, mystery solved!