Saddle up your camels, ladies, we're off to battle! A free-wheeling commentary of a lady who believes that women belong in combat, certainly not in the military, but in the home -- in the spiritual battle for their families. Join us on the frontlines as we cover homeschooling, the culture wars, raising sons, virtuous manhood and womanhood, helping our husbands, femininity, serving Christ the King, and all other fronts in the holy war we face. Up camels!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Why Mamahadeen?

I thought the name Mamahadeen was pretty witty when I first registered it, but unfortunately, only one single person outside our family has gotten the joke (at least, has confessed to getting the joke.) This week another friend asked "What's that?" So, here goes:

Well, it's kind of complicated. The Islamic jihadists call themselves Mujahadeen -- holy warriors in Arabic. When folks started blogging, the mainstream media got bent out of shape and basically said "Are you gonna believe a bunch of crazy conservatives, typing in their pajamas or are you gonna believe us -- apostles of truth like Dan Rather?" Then some wiseacre called the bloggers "pajamahadeen" because they caused such a ruckus in the mainstream media. I took off on that and called myself Mamahadeen -- the mama in pajamas causing a ruckus for a holy reason -- got it?

3 comments:

HUMINT said...

pajamahadeen - mamhadeen - Hilarious!

thnidu said...

Well, I got it a couple seconds after I saw it -- not the pajamas, but the Mama + mujahedeen. I'm typing in my pajamas, before making a lunch, getting dressed, and going off to work. I'm a liberal Jewish husband of my best friend, and I rather think I'd be disagreeing with many of your posts (I only saw this because I realized my memory had dropped 4 lines of "There lived a king", and Google led me to "A Bachelor's Degree in Burger-Flipping") -- but I do like your blog's title.

emmajmom said...

Hi Melanie
So funny, I was reading Three Cups of Tea, a book about a man from the US that builds schools in Pakistan and came across a "hadeen" reference and immediately thought of you and your blog name. Love to hear from you! Janey in Lenoir :)