Saddle up your camels, ladies, we're off to battle! A free-wheeling commentary of a lady who believes that women belong in combat, certainly not in the military, but in the home -- in the spiritual battle for their families. Join us on the frontlines as we cover homeschooling, the culture wars, raising sons, virtuous manhood and womanhood, helping our husbands, femininity, serving Christ the King, and all other fronts in the holy war we face. Up camels!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Real Life Mamahadeen

When I was growing up, I was asked again and again what I wanted to be when I grow up. I quickly learned that "a mommy" was not an acceptable answer, but saying something like "an astronaut" or "a veterinarian" brought admiration. Now that I've grown up to be a mommy and wouldn't change a thing, I look around and realize that many of my friends went through great struggles to decide to devote themselves to their families. For me, it was not as big an issue. My mother stayed home with us and gave us a delightful, secure childhood and I always wanted to be a homemaker mother like her! When she and Dad started a business and she began working, Ed and I went to work with our parents, so Mom continued focusing her Passions on her family. I grew up with a high value of womanhood and recognizing that a woman could use her talents to the fullest in the home and in the family business.

Our society doesn't value those things in women, though. Thanks to feminism, women are only respected when they act like men. It's not necessary for women to act like men to impact the world! Proverbs 31 describes a virtuous woman whose children rise up and call her blessed. She is busy in the management of her home, the discipleship of her children and her interaction with the world -- get to know her here.

Today I read the story of a lady who is a fierce warrior in the fight against terrorism -- from her home! May the Lord give her victory in battle - a true mamahadeen!

H/T WorldNetDaily and The Daily Telegraph

No comments: