Saddle up your camels, ladies, we're off to battle! A free-wheeling commentary of a lady who believes that women belong in combat, certainly not in the military, but in the home -- in the spiritual battle for their families. Join us on the frontlines as we cover homeschooling, the culture wars, raising sons, virtuous manhood and womanhood, helping our husbands, femininity, serving Christ the King, and all other fronts in the holy war we face. Up camels!

Monday, June 12, 2006

Early Homeschoolers

May 26, 2006
Last night during the keynote at the NCHE conference, I was grumpily chasing our toddler. Grumpily because I really wanted to hear the keynote session, but she was coming unglued. It was one of those divine appointments times, though. I met a wonderful young mother who was at the conference with her eldest and only child - who was three! I told her coming to conference would help her make the decision. She said, " Oh no! We've made the decision. We're going to homeschool." What a blessing to meet families that are so committed to discipling and teaching their children at home that they've come to spend a whole weekend at this conference! May the Lord raise up a whole generation like that.

BTW, I could kick myself for walking out without my camera phone last night. I first saw this mother and daughter when I saw them skipping together in a dark hallway. She said her daughter had just that moment learned to skip. What a sweet picture. Too bad you can't see it :-)

No comments: